Monday, July 6, 2009

Commitments

I’ve never had much of a problem committing to work. Or working hard. Directing commercials and interactive campaigns for Visual Art and friends. Directing fashion stories, music videos and not to forget art together with the very talented Fredrik Skogkvist. Heading up all visuals at the club 2.35:1 at Berns in Stockholm. All of this have kept my quite busy lately. I have a few commitments to say the least. All according to plan. The Facebook status: “Never Not Work³” is a reoccurring event.
Then along comes two long term projects. Sort of once in a life time things. One more entertaining, the other more serious at heart. But both very important none the less. And for a greater good. I’ll go so far as to say: given the right circumstance one of these projects can prevent atrocities and might even save lives. That’s something I’ve always wanted to do. Save a life. Protect a soul. But this goes beyond that. This is borderline destiny I’m talking about. Big stuff. Back to the topic at hand. Commitment. These projects will demand serious commitment. Which means that I also must commit to running more. Pick-up boxing again. Or I will have a hard time being managing the workload. And start writing more. I already write a lot. The written word being an integrate part of any treatment, script or brief. But I also need to commit more to writing about something else. Everyday life maybe. What I write isn’t really the point. It’s the process it self I need to commit to.

Recap:
Commit to the important long term projects.
Commit to running and boxing more.
Commit to writing more.